9.18.2006

we. are. your friends.











I packed up my bags and moved from DC to NYC on August 27, 1995. Over the past eleven years I’ve probably been back to DC ten times. The last time I was there was May 2002 and everything was pretty much the same as I remembered.

I went to DC this weekend for BLOWOFF… what a good fuckin’ time… the District is sooo different from last time I was there. I was stunned by all the new-build. It seems as though 17th Street is no longer faggela ground-zero… who woulda thunk that the limbo near 14th and P and Logan Circle would turn into such a swank area?!

Some highlights:

• Perfect companions… Damian, Peter, Ed
• Sorting the crowd with Peter… Gay face(GF), Hot Face(HF), and Braided Belt(BB)
• Old people… George, Michael, Tom, Jeff, Bob, Carl
• New People… TJ, Jimbo, Erik
• Music @ Blowoff… Never Be Alone by Simian, Beautiful by BLOWOFF, All This Love by The Similou… thank you thank you thank you!
Malcolm X Park with Damian and Ed
• Brunch at Kramerbooks
• Shots & beers
• 1,000 hot-faced chunky men and bears
• Being fresh meat
• Reconnecting with Sean after… 12 years!!
• The Cairo
• Trios
• Hanging in the salon with Colleen and Emily
• Taking the shuttle

More pictures here.

Maybe George or Jeff will put up some pics from BLOWOFF as well… hope so!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kramer's? Hmm well at least you boys got lots of cream.

I left before the vortex of the sidewalk sale started; hopefully you got swept up in it.

Good to see you guys again, and no you certainly aren't trashy tranny hookers. It's just that Mandy rhymed with "hiding my candy"

3:34 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I like "mandy" as well as "trashy tranny hooker" you may call me either one as you please :)

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?