7.18.2007

it's a family affair

I went to Rochester last weekend for some family fun... my Mom's 75th birthday and one of my nephew's high school graduation. It was pretty great all around. Didn't get too bored, didn't get sick of my siblings, got to see some extended family... my Uncle Chuck even managed to work the N-word into conversation on two separate occasions! Rochester pride was alright. I had a real fun time at Rochester's old-school leather bar.. The Bachelor Forum.. isn't that name fucking brilliant?!

Here are some photos from the weekend.. never really posted my family before:


My brother Jim used to be a hippy... now he's just sort of bearish. He's 23 years older than me and he got arrested with Allen Ginsburg in Denver once.


My dad loves to drive his giant magenta pick-up even though he probably shouldn't anymore.


This is the house I grew up in. It's covered in asbestos siding... on Saturday I told my Mom that the siding made me gay.


My Mom is pretty much the best person around. She likes to wear jackets with appliques galore. I always tell her they look pretty.


My sister Patty can be a bit much. At least she's punishing herself for it by living in Omamha, Nebraska.


My sister Terri is fucking awesome. She used to have a real bad wandering eye, but she had surgury that fixed it mostly. She saw her first 3-D movie last year.


I think my parents looked pretty good when they were younger. They're the couple sitting in the middle of the couch. The girl in the lower right-hand corner is my Mom's best friend and was also my kindergarten teacher.


Sunday was real nice. It looks a little like Walnut Grove where I grew up.


Evidently my Dad donated our very first microwave to the park where we held my nephew's graduation party. I was surprised to see it. If you fuck with the door opener you can sometimes get the door to open while the microwave is still running. That's the dangerous and retarded shit that I loved to do when I was a kid.


Mitch is my nephew. He's like 6 or so. His favorite trick is to sneak up on you and punch you in the nuts when you're not expecting it.


This is a good picture of my dad. He's got Alzheimer's and asks you the same questions over and over. He loves to mow the lawn and watch cowboy movies really really loud.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zacki said...

It's always great to see people's family...makes you appreciate the many quirks and the people who can find them in their family too.

9:25 PM  
Blogger Red said...

Thanks for sharing, Paul. I'm so pleased that your sister saw her first 3D film recently. That bit of this post was especially heartwarming to me, for some reason, and I don't even like 3D film that much.

11:41 PM  
Blogger seymour said...

Beutiful life fella. No wonder you're so special.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?