11.06.2006

what a big black mask, what a hunk of love










What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon than walking through the
Brooklyn Museum with good friends?

The most AMAZING exhibit opened this weekend. You MUST go see the Ron Mueck show. It's there until February.

Mueck's work is stunning. His pieces have such incredible detail that you almost expect them to move. Every hair and blemish is placed perfectly. The expressions and poses are spot-on. Each piece conveys an emotion in a haunting way. The scale of the pieces magnify the experience. A tiny dead man laying on a slab or a gigantic women looking despondent in bed. I really can't say enough good stuff about the show. RUN TO THE BROOKLYN MUSEUM!

We also walked through the Annie Leibovitz show. It was interesting, but very crowded. I was taken with her portrait of Matthew Barney.. I'd risk the wrath of Bjork for a roll in the sack with him.. even if he was wearing a devil-face prosthetic.


NOTE: Photography wasn't allowed for the Mueck show. I snuck the shot of the newborn baby, but the rest of the pics I harvested online.


UPDATE: Click here for photos from Flickr of the installation of the pieces.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul, it sounds amazing. You should look at the work of evan penny (who is also proudly queer!) www.evanpenny.com

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that show looks so rad. wish i were in brooklyn.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's like one minute from my apartment! I was wanting to go check out the show. I will have to do so soon.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?