12.06.2007

la la la






I had to do a quick trip to LA last weekend for work. The flight there was sorta shitty and super-long due to strong headwinds and I didn't get to fly Virgin America with my colleague. We stayed at The Downtown Standard... which... for being around as long as it has been is still pretty awesome and super-cheap. The sticker of a pooping man on the T.P. made me smile for hours.

The weather on Friday was rainy and very unLA. The place still managed to look pretty... too fucking pretty if you ask me. How can folk stand so much beautiful all the time?!

Anyhoo... had a chance to meet two bloggers I've been a big fan of for quite a while.. they brightened the rainy day for sure. PopMuse and Bloghungry... the LA blogging power-couple... met me at Dusty's in Silver Lake for a great meal and even better conversation. After eating we headed to The Faultline for a beer. The guys asked me a lot of questions about the New York bear scene... and after visiting their bearish bar I assured them that it was same shit different city.

Here's a NSFW pic of me and the boys and the.... art.

After a short but restful sleep and my best 5k time yet I headed over to the USC v. UCLA game at the Coliseum. I fulfilled my work obligations and made a mad dash to the airport for yet another long and bumpy ride. This one was totally worth it though because JP and mussels at Hopleaf were waiting for me at the other end.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?