1.10.2007

everything you own in a box to the left



I'm pretty obsessive/compulsive. Sometimes this affliction makes it so I can't throw shit away. Like.. if I have a total piece of junk in my hands.. especially if I've owned the junk for several years.. I can't toss it out because a little voice in my head gets all sentimental about it and I start getting anxious because I feel like I might need said junk at some point in the future or I might want to see it again at least.

I came up with a good idea on how to get around this craziness of mine recently. I was at my mom's house going through all this junk over the holidays. every time I started to get sentimental about something I wanted to throw away, I'd take a picture of it and then bag it for the dump. It worked really well.

If you want, you can take a look at some of my junk.

Going through this stuff that I hadn't looked at for years gave me a glimpse of what a little homo I was. I found a whole mess of craft stuff.. everything from latch-hook rugs to counted-cross-stitch. Note the half-done Marvin the Martian project in the sewing-hoop... at least I was just sewing that shit and not contemplating a fucking tattoo!!

I'm gonna use this technique going forward. Nothing makes me feel better than minimizing the clutter in my world.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! You can employ a similar thing for people whose usefulness and friendship has faded from your life! Take their picture and then give them their walking papers.

And make a blog about it called "People I used to like for some reason".

That would be soooooo evil. I can't believe I even thought that...

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who is Lawrence Evans from South Bend IN? Is there a good story here?

6:56 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

it was a fake ID that someone gave me in college. i don't think I ever had call to use it.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Foxy said...

I finally threw out my JJ Fad cassette about a year ago.

Off topic, I adore that you have not only the Kleerup track, but the Emma Bunton track on your LastFM chart this week. You love me! You really love me!

12:25 PM  
Blogger CondoBlogger said...

Great Idea!!! Oughta submit that to Real Simple magazine or something like that.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Foxy said...

You should also save that Jedi lunchbox. Keep your drugs or your condoms and lube in it.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You need to set the date on your digicam, kiddo. Those photos my be of stuff from 1980, but you didn't take the photo in 1980.

Just sayin'.

And you say he's just a friend...

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nobody beat the BIZ thats awesome!!

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?