4.18.2006

sometimes i feel like throwing my hands up in the air



I can't get 'You Got The Love by the Source feat. Candi Stanton' out of my head!

I listen to BBC Radio 1 all the time and they have been playing the hell out of this track. It was a top 10 hit in the UK in '92, but I don't think it did too much here in the States. Although I believe it was the last song played in the last episode of Sex in the City.

It's the perfect combination of Ms. Stanton's vocals and the bassline from Frankie Knuckles' 1989 classic, 'Your Love'.

Enjoy: you got the love candi stanton.mp3

5 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

Such an amazing song! I can't believe the staying power it's had.. I first heard it a few years ago on a reissue of her excellent "Outside In" album. A surefire classic if there ever was one..

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello !
I did a google on "sometimes i feel like throwing my hands up in the air" and got in to your blog . just thought i'd leave a coment !
Sorry my bad english, i'm from sweden :P

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!
Me too. Just Googled "Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air", 'cause there's a girl in the office with it as her ring tone. Top tune.
Johnny
Belfast
Ireland

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing music !

4:00 PM  
Blogger gvanci said...

And I've googled this blog after hearing this song in "Sex and the city" last episode watched third times. I already love this song

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?