9.29.2006

it is the evening of the day





I saw Marianne Faithfull on the platform of the Union Square subway station yesterday. She was standing right next to me with a gentleman friend. She looked a little lost... but beautiful nonetheless. I tried to act all aloof and shit. She turned to try to look at a sign and her bag grazed me. I looked up and made eye contact with her and lost it... I smiled ear to ear. She smiled back... said "Now that's a smile"... and pinched my cheek.

She then turned to her companion and said something about taking the elevator and walked away.

I said nothing.

But I smiled the whole way home.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

too fucking glamourous!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

OMG!!! Miss Faithfull!!

I'm so jealous. And she touched you!!

I have an autographed copy of Broken English on the music stand of my piano. It's been there for years. It's not autographed to me, but rather to some dude named Dennis who used to work with Tim at a hotel she was staying at. Dennis wasn't impressed. Tim knew I would be.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOAH! That's a major star siting! MAJOR. But are you telling me Marianne Faithful takes the subway? I really think legends like her should be chaffeured around town by say Fiona Apple.

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to pinch your cheeks and say "Now that is a smile" in a condescending baby voice.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Blobby said...

Maybe she's in town to get treatment @ MSK.

Je lover her though. "Ballad of Lucy Jordan" is perfection.

5:59 PM  
Blogger JMG said...

I agree on The Ballad Of Lucy Jordan. Never fails to make me weepy.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who links to me?